Blog directory

Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Long Overdue Epitaph

So.

After all this time, you decided to come back for just one more look to see if I ever made it???

Answer: YES!

On August 5th, 2012, after 5 years of hard work, blood, sweat, tears, heartache, longing, laughter, and 3 reconstructed ACL's, I achieved the rank of 1st Degree Black Belt. Here's the photo of my instructor belting me:



For Christmas, Mrs. Shaft created a very cool shadow box to frame my certificate, using all the colored belts I've earned on the road to black:



In this fast-paced world of social networking, like many of my fellow bloggers who are martial artists with reconstructed ACL's, I have opted for the instant gratification of Facebook for sharing my day-to-day observations of life, love, and the pursuit of happiness.

And so I officially post the closure of this chapter of my life with a heartfelt thanks to many of you who voiced your support for me during my various stages of reconstruction and rehabilitation.

And for any new readers, you are always free to comment and ask questions. I'll respond.

With gratuity for your attention,
Hack Shaft

1 comment:

Michele said...

Yay!!!

Congratulations!