It may seem a mundane thing, but a sweet little event happened this afternoon...my operative knee gave just a teensy "crack" as I got up from my office chair late this afternoon. Ahh, what a nice thing to hear again.
It echoes some progress I noted today, such as dimples in my knee when flexing the quads. Just a bit of persistent (but not painful) swelling remains below the knee cap.
At PT today, the big news is that I hit 126 degrees of flexion here on day number 22!
Next Friday when I go to see Miss Molly at PT, We'll begin "Closed-Chain" movements, if I recall the term correctly. That means one-legged knee bends, essentially, and taking stairs normally without guarding the operative knee. Later that same morning I have my 4-week follow-up with Dr. K.
In the meantime, I picked up an ankle weight, adjustable from 1/2 to 10 pounds in 1/2 pound increments. Was going with just 1 pound of weight for most leg lifts last week, and 3 pounds for prone and standing hamstring curls. This week I graduated to 2 and 4 pounds, respectively.
I'm gonna have to start exercising both legs at this point, or risk my operative knee and leg becoming stronger than the other!
Photos from my black belt test
15 years ago
3 comments:
Yeah! You're doing great! I think it's officially "on" between us for a flexion battle royale!
Another excellent report! I am glad to hear that you are doing so well.
Where are you Mister? I hit 146 today! Where are you???
Post a Comment